Sunday, June 4, 2017

Quinoa Mushroom Pulao

I can stop myself saying that my all time favourite wholegrain after Oats is 'Quinoa', i just love to cook with this wholegrains. Though i can get this grain from Organic stores, i just cant stop myself picking them whenever i cross an Organic store. Its been quite a routine for me to cook with quinoa, not to forget that this grain is seriously very versatile. Quinoa suits prefectly awesome to cook any sort of dishes from breakfast to dinner, and they works tremendously to cook Indian dishes out of them. I have been cooking quinoa for the past 4 years and everytime i cook with them i feel like exploring something new with this grains. With their nuttiness, this grains are seriously easy to cook and trust me everyone at home love this wholegrain.

Quinoa Pulao, Mushroom Quinoa Pulao


Am running this week's blogging marathon with an interesting theme, yes my theme for this week is Recipes with wholegrains. After a lipsmacking wheat rava biryani, i couldnt stop myself to dish out an easy breezy pulao with my favourite grain aka Quinoa. Since mushroom is our family favourite, i simply prepared this quinoa pulao with some sliced mushrooms to bring the meaty texture to this delicious pulao. Very easy to prepare, this pulao suits prefect to pack in lunchbox, served along with a creamy spicy sauce, trust me you will definitely satisfy some hungry tummies easily.

Quinoa Pulao with Mushroom, Mushroom Quinoa Pulao

2cups Cooked Quinoa
1cup Mushrooms (chopped)
1no Onion (large and chopped finely)
3nos Green chillies (slit opened)
1tsp Ginger garlic paste
1tsp Garam masala powder
1/2tsp Pepper powder
1/2tsp Cumin powder
Salt
Oil
1no Bay leaves
1tsp Cumin seeds


Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add enough oil, fry the bayleaves, cumin seeds until they turns brown.

Add immediately the chopped onions,ginger garlic paste,slit opened green chillies and saute until the onions turns transculent and the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste goes away.

Now add the garam masala powder,cumin powder to the cooking onions,cook everything in simmer for few minutes.

Finally add the chopped mushrooms, cook for few more minutes.

Quinoa Mushroom Pulao

Add the already cooked quinoa to this mushroom mixture, toss everything gently until the quinoa gets well coated with the masala.

Put off the stove, add the pepper powder, give a gentle toss again.

Serve with your favourite side dish or raitas.

BMLogo
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM.

9 comments:

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

I have never made a pulao with this grain , salads yes ! The pulao sounds like a tawa pulao where both veggies and the grain are cooked separately and then mixed . A good pick for the theme.

Shobha said... Reply To This Comment

Delicious pulao .. I make it often too.

Gayathri Kumar said... Reply To This Comment

I saw a pack of quinoa for the first time in a nearby store. I need to buy it. You are tempting me with the amazing nutritious pulao..

rajani said... Reply To This Comment

I am a fan of quinoa. Love it how you have given it a wonderful Indian twist.

Suma Gandlur said... Reply To This Comment

Love the Indian flavored pulao with quinoa.

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

This is surely a fantastic take Priya..very nice innovative dish!

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

Quinoa and mushrooms pulao looks awesome Priya. I'm going to try this soon.

Mayuri Patel said... Reply To This Comment

I love using quinoa in salads and in place of rice. Mushroom quinoa looks so tempting.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

That is a great indian twist to quinoa priya! looks delicous, i too love quinoa for its versatility!