Sunday, June 18, 2017

Pickled Cucumbers

You will definitely forget to shop pickled gherkins or pickled vegetables, if you make yourself at home. Pickling vegetables at home is definitely an easy way to conserve your favourite vegetables. Though am a great fan of Indian style pickles, i dont forget to make some simple pickled vegetables at home to bring the sourness to homemade burgers or to tickle our tastebuds while preparing a meaty sandwich. One of the easiest pickle is pickled cucumbers. Though pickling cucumbers may varies, my today's post is one of quickest method. With simple ingredients, you can simply get a bottle of pickled cucumbers with less efforts.

pickled cucumbers

A pickled cucumber is a cucumber pickled either in a brine, vinegar or other solution and left for fermentation for a period of time. Usually prepared with tiny whole cucumbers aka gherkins, you can still prepare this pickled cucumbers by slicing them thinly. Am running this week's blogging marathon with an interesting theme and my theme for this week is Condiments. After an easy breezy Chinese sauce, i couldnt stop myself to post this fantastic pickled cucumbers.

English style pickled cucumbers

1medium sized Cucumber (sliced thinly)
1/3cup Vinegar
1/3cup Water
2tbsp Sugar
1/2tsp Salt
Few peppercorns

Take the vinegar, water, sugar in a small pan, heat everything together until the sugar gets dissolves.

Now add the peppercorns, salt and thinly sliced cucumber.

Bring boil and put off the stove.

Close the pan with a lid, let it stay in room temperature until it gets cool completely.

Cucumber pickle

Transfer the pickled cucumbers to an air tightened bottle.

Conserve in fridge. Enjoy with your favourite food.

9 comments:

Archana said... Reply To This Comment

Can I join you for some pickle. My girls will love this.

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

Wow ! The pickled cucumbers are a treat , must stop buying them ! This recipe is just perfect .

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

This pickled version sounds excellent Priya..I have never done these myself as I don't eat much of pickles, but nevertheless this idea sounds so good!

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

My daughter started to like pickled cucumbers. May be I need to make them for her at home now. Thanks for the recipe.

Sharmila kingsly said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome share.. I would like to try this for myself..

Mayuri Patel said... Reply To This Comment

Never thought of making these simple pickles at home. Hubby loves pickled gherkins.

Nalini's Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

My favorite one,but never tried on my own..

Chef Mireille said... Reply To This Comment

I didnt used to like pickles. I was always the one ordering no pickles on my burgers but now I love them. It's funny how our tastes change over time!

Harini R said... Reply To This Comment

My husband loves these pickled veggies. This method sounds super easy and very much doable at home.